2023 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
The 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 is one of the strongest trucks in its class, making this pickup the optimal choice for any worker on the jobsite in North Myrtle Beach. That being said, how much can the GMC Sierra tow? With the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine with the Max Trailering Package and 20-inch wheels, the 2023 GMC Sierra towing capacity maxes out at 13,000 pounds. Before you get behind the wheel of your favorite model from our new inventory at Bell And Bell GMC, learn more about what’s necessary to reach the GMC Sierra towing capacity in the following tow guide.
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
The question of whether or not you can meet the 2023 GMC Sierra towing capacity depends on a multitude of factors: the bed length, drivetrain, engine, wheel-size, and cab style that you choose. Along with the 2023 GMC Sierra tow hitch and Max Trailering Package, towing the 13,000 pound maximum is achievable with the following specs:
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options for This Towing Capacity: 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Cab Style: Crew Cab
- Wheel Style: 20-inch (downgrading to 18” wheels with all else being equal will decrease towing capacity to 11,700 lbs)
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
Even though the 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 is capable of some serious hauling around Myrtle Beach, having the following available towing features allows for safer and more efficient towing:
- Max Trailering Package: Necessary to reach the 13,000 pound towing capacity, this package equips your Sierra with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: This available feature automatically activates the Electronic Parking brake when you park your truck to avoid rolling.
- Trailering Camera Package: This convenient package includes two side-view mirror cameras for easier lane changing and reversing when you’re towing a trailer. For greater visibility, you can pair this package with a trailer-mounted camera.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: Depending on which drive mode you’re in, this system switches up transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Drives can control and monitor the trail brakes through Control buttons situated on the center console.
What Is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
If you’re planning on doing lots of towing with your GMC Sierra, opting for the ProGrade Trailering System will be a game changer for your tasks around Conway and includes the following:
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: This feature allows for easier hitching on the first try by showing you a dynamic grid line and has zoom-in capabilities
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Even when you’re alone, the trailer light sequence test helps you to test your trailer lights to see if they’re working before you head out on the roads.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: This app includes pre-departure checklists, Trailer Theft Detection, programmable trailer brake settings, and more.
Learn More About GMC Sierra Towing With Bell And Bell GMC
Ready to change the way you work and play, and for the better? Contact us to get behind the wheel of a new GMC Sierra for a test drive at our dealership in Little River. Or, if you’d like to build your own GMC Sierra, you can actually submit a pre-order, and in a few months, we’ll have your custom-ordered truck shipped to our lot. For any questions related to the Sierra or anything GMC, give us a call at (843) 353-0095.
More from Bell And Bell GMC
If there was a Light-Duty Truck Pantheon, the 2024 GMC Sierra 1500 would certainly be included. In addition to its many advanced tech features, this capable truck comes in several trims and offers impressive towing capabilities. It can tow up to 13,200 pounds when properly equipped, allowing you to streamline jobs and recreational activities…
Come along with Bell And Bell GMC as we dive into the plush comforts of the 2024 GMC Sierra 1500 interior. As you navigate the roads of North Myrtle Beach, this pickup guarantees an elevated driving experience. From impressive dimensions to state-of-the-art features, let’s uncover what makes the Sierra 1500 a sought-after choice for Myrtle Beach drivers. New GMC…
If you’re looking for a powerful new pickup truck in the North Myrtle Beach area, you’ve come to the right place! At Bell And Bell GMC, we offer a wide variety of new and pre-owned vehicles from Buick and GMC, designed to cater to almost every budget and lifestyle. Whatever you may be looking for, we’re confident we can…