2022 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
The 2022 GMC Sierra 1500towing capacity reaches 13,000 pounds when properly equipped, making it an ideal choice to handle the challenges of your North Myrtle Beach-area job site. Learn about the 2022 GMC Sierra towing package and more in this guide from the experts at Bell And Bell Buick GMC Trucks. Once you’ve reviewed the robust capabilities of this exceptional pickup truck, stop by our dealership in Little River to explore our GMC Sierra 1500 inventory today!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
Whether hauling materials and equipment to your job site or towing a trailer or boat on your next adventure outside Myrtle Beach, the GMC Sierra 1500 will serve you well. How much can the GMC Sierra tow? With the 4WD Crew Cab, Short or Standard Bed, 6.2L V8 engine, and Max Trailering Package, you’ll enjoy the maximum 2022 GMC Sierra towing capacity of 13,000 pounds. Take a look at the specs to choose from in order to maximize your Sierra towing capabilities:
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options for This Towing Capacity: 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Cab Style: Crew Cab
- Wheel Style: 20-inch (downgrading to 18” wheels with all else being equal will decrease towing capacity to 11,700 lbs)
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Max Trailering Package: The 2022 GMC Sierra Towing Package is needed to reach the 13,000-pound towing capacity. It equips your Sierra with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you put your truck in Park to avoid rolling.
- Trailering Camera Package: Adds two side-view mirror cameras to make changing lanes and reversing easier when you have a trailer in tow. It can also be paired with a trailer-mounted camera for greater visibility.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: Adjusts the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping, depending on which drive mode you’re in.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Center console control buttons are situated to give you the ability to manipulate and monitor the trailer brakes.
What Is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
The available ProGrade Trailering System provides innovative towing technology that utilizes high-resolution cameras, your Sierra infotainment display, and integrated smartphone apps to make towing through Conway easier than ever. The ProGrade Trailering System includes:
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Features a dynamic grid line and offers a zoom capability to help facilitate hitching up your trailer.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: This allows you to test your trailer lights before you hit the road.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Includes pre-departure checklists, Trailer Theft Detection, programmable trailer brake settings, and more.
Test Drive the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Today at Bell And Bell Buick GMC Trucks!
Ready to experience all that the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 has to offer? Contact us to set up a test drive! Before you visit us in Little River, make sure to take a look at our new vehicle specials and apply for financing to get pre-approved. We look forward to putting you behind the wheel of an exciting new Sierra pickup truck, so come see us today!
More from Bell And Bell Buick GMC Trucks
The 2023 Buick Enclave is a midsize luxury SUV that offers a spacious and comfortable cabin with three rows of seating and plenty of cargo space. The Buick Enclave interior also comes equipped with a wide array of premium features that will enhance comfort and add convenience to any drive in and around North Myrtle Beach….
Shopping for a heavy-duty work truck? All of the available 2023 GMC Sierra HD trims at Bell And Bell Buick GMC Trucks offer powerful engine options that can deliver the kind of robust towing and hauling you need at your North Myrtle Beach job site. These rugged workhorses also come with many class-leading features that can enhance functionality and boost capability….
The full-size 2023 GMC Yukon is a rugged yet refined SUV that not only comes loaded with convenient features, but also delivers powerful performance with strong trailering capabilities. How much can a Yukon tow? When equipped with the available ProGrade Trailering System, the 2023 GMC Yukon towing capacity reaches an impressive 8,400 pounds. Find out…